This project is a challenge in which I try to do one altruistic act a day.

Ruth

Thursday, December 24, 2009
For the first time, I gave food to someone I had already given it to before.  I'll call her Ruth, but it is not her real name.  She is actually quite beautiful.  She wears a wig, which is not always on straight.  I am not sure she wears it for warmth or for beauty.  Her eyes are what are beautiful.  I sat with her for a bit longer than usual.  I wanted to have a conversation with her, but her eyes were so intense.  I felt myself becoming emotional (I feel like I can cry more easily lately).  I felt like we both had so much to say.  Unfortunately, I ducked out before it could be said. I will have to push myself more the next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Good Books on Altruism