This project is a challenge in which I try to do one altruistic act a day.

Nutritional Value

Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Yesterday I went shopping for some more food for people who are homeless.  As I was shopping I was thinking about the different food choices.  I could spend very little money and buy food with very low nutritional value.  This thought did not sit well with me.  Although I don't have as many resources as I would like for this project, I did not feel good buying poor quality cheap food.  I ended up purchasing lots of rice and frozen vegetables to mix in with the rice.  I think my standard is going to be whether I would eat the food.  Unfortunately, I gave out some more frozen burritos yesterday (which I purchased to eat for myself, but have not been motivated to eat them).

I also figured out that I am going to need a lot more disposable tupperware or dishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Good Books on Altruism