This project is a challenge in which I try to do one altruistic act a day.

My Cooking?

Friday, December 25, 2009
I have had 3 people refuse food from me.  It makes sense that not everyone would trust some stranger offering them food.  So far, no one I have given food to before has refused the second time.  I am starting to feel pressure to keep that record going (I must keep cooking good food).

I ran into Ruth again.  This is the third time I gave her food.  I spent a little more time with her.  My goal originally was to not get noticed by people so that I would not get a direct benefit from doing the kind act (their gratitude or friendship).  However, I am starting to revise that idea. I feel I give Ruth a bit more by being there for her for a few minutes.  I told her Merry Christmas and gave her a little pat on the shoulder as I left.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Good Books on Altruism