This project is a challenge in which I try to do one altruistic act a day.

Rejection

Sunday, December 27, 2009
A few issues came to me today while bringing food.  I walked by two homeless people who had previously refused food from me.  The first was a lady.  I said hello to her and nodded toward my food bags. She did not indicate any wanting of my food, but I did not directly ask either.  The other person, a male, turned his back toward me as I was walking by.  Based on body language I did not ask either person whether they wanted food tonight.  However, maybe I should push myself to at least offer.

I had a new person refuse food today.  I liked how he did it.  He basically asked what I had and then he looked through the bag.  No one had previously even asked what food I had.  They basically say yes or no to my offer of "are you hungry?"  I try to ask my question in a respectful manner.  However, maybe I need to reword it as "I have some pasta and fruit, would you like it?"  Any thoughts in the comments would be appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Good Books on Altruism